Monday, March 8, 2010

A NEW WEEK

I have had the crudEverything slowed down because I wasn't at my top level.  Everyone gave me well-wishes and that always helps.
The sun is shining outside (where I want to be) and I drink hot drinks while thinking of REAL illnesses.  I know about some of those so can look forward, during this little 'suffering', to healing quickly and, actually, rather easily.
I guess I am being Pollyannaish; counting my blessings.
I dislike that trait.  I don't want to count my blessings; I want to count my trials.  That way I know I have Faith that God doesn't need me to 'run things'--that running in my peak times is a wonderful gift...and so should be running in my difficulties.
Glad to be alive and knowing the difference between BIG deals and LITTLE deals!  Keeping my whinewhinewhine to myself and appreciating the time and space I am allowed to heal.
When we see our Horses taking that one more stride; going the extra mile ; reaching for the extra lift over a jump; building muscle with the exercise increased from day to day, we talk about:  increasing their 'bottom'.
So, when I am sick, I try to accept that I am increasing my endurance...reaching my new 'bottom'.
I hope this note today finds all of you well.   Happy trails today,  wfh

1 comment:

Gail said...

Crud is a miserable thing to have. If it helps, I have it too.

We shall not moan together.